Skip to content

no sign of winter

The leaves hang on, their color in the late afternoon light is magnificent.  Days remain fairly warm, and it feels as if there is no sign of winter.

We’ve spent some days camping, biking, and hiking close to home … enjoying the autumnn-ness before it all falls to the ground and the season of holiday frenzy begins.  My boys – except for one spending a semester in Scotland – are all due home within the day.  My kitchen is scented with apples, cranberries, cinnamon, and pumpkin.  I am excited for the long weekend of catching up, and conversations around the dinner table … and hopefully few bike rides.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted by savaconta on November 20, 2012
9 Comments Post a comment
  1. 11/20/2012

Beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

2. 11/20/2012
    disabledcyclist

Gorgeous pics,my friend!

The DC

3. 11/20/2012

You are such a WONDERFUL photographer!
    As I’m becoming more serious about photography, could you tell me if your using a full frame or crop sensor? Also, on the wide shots, how wide is your lens? 12mm?

Thank you!!

• 11/20/2012

Thank you Alex – you are too kind. I shoot with several cameras, including my iPhone (the top tree shadow pic in this post was from my iPhone, just for reference), but my DSLR is a cropped sensor. A full sensor 5D Mark II and a really wide prime angle lens is on my wish list though – would love to have one. Someday.

Truthfully, when I want to shoot wide angle for landscapes, etc., I typically choose my little Leica D-Lux – it has a really nice 24mm wide angle lens with much less distortion than any of my DSLR lenses, and amazing sharpness.

Hope this kind of helps – please feel free to email me if you want to discuss more on cameras; I don’t know all that much, but can offer my thoughts on my own experience with various lenses, etc. Good luck!

4. 11/20/2012

as always beautiful photos

5. 11/20/2012
    Salim Dom

Beautiful landscape….
    I am from Malaysia where the 4 seasons not available here, just tropical type.

6. 11/20/2012

Beautiful photos — the Chicago area is so bland right now!

7. 11/23/2012

Lovely. Which area of North America?

8. 12/11/2012

You’ve taken some great autumnal shots!