Posts tagged ‘365 photo project’
milestones and gravestones
Today marks a bit milestone for me – I have just completed Day 365 of my 365-photo project on ShutterCal. For anyone not familiar, it basically involves shooting and uploading one photo a day for an entire year … much more challenging than you could ever imagine, trust me. (OK, well, for me anyway …).
Long before I started #30daysofbiking and #330daysofbiking, I started this little goal-setting photo project. And while I really don’t understand what compells me to do this kind of stuff (???!), because it often drives me (and my family) crazy, I have to admit that I ultimately manage to take away so much more than I contribute. I guess that is the answer to the previous question?
Contemplating this 365-day photo odyssey, I can say that ShutterCal …
- taught me what all of the buttons on my DSLR do, and how to use them (somewhat competently, anyway)
- introduced me to some incredibly talented, kind and amazing photographers – who did everything to keep me motivated, especially on the lame days
- considerably shortened the lifespan of my camera (a good thing?)
- made me covet “good glass” like a cyclist covets carbon fiber (or an Xtracycle ;))
- made me crazy
- made me look at everyday things in new ways
- made me consider how many ways there are to shoot a bicycle (and frustrated me while trying to come up with new ways)
- through the act of “doing”, taught me more about photography than any book, class, or workshop ever could
- made me crazy
- likely instilled a love-hate relationship with bicycles and old barns among most of my ShutterCal friends
- made me use a camera even when I didn’t want to
- introduced me to many Holsteins
- made me crazy(er)
I am now contemplating where to go from here. Stop or continue? Since this has become almost habit-bordering-on-addiction, I will probably continue on for a while. I wonder which will give out first – me, or my camera? Lol.
Meanwhile, wishing everyone a happy and spooky Halloween … and leaving you with a few Halloween-y shots. Boo.