Posts tagged ‘Elmer’
Fairly productive day, although feeling like I am sounding like a broken record lately…
My rather skewed idea of a productive day:
- swam (in the morning)
- sheared Elmer the goat (with the help of Matt and Grant)
- took Grant to get his hair sheared off (thank you, Donna)
- made the mango-jalapeno ice cream (with the help of Matt and Grant); recipe needs revision
- helped Mark with the mowing
- took an evening ride on the Xtracycle (with cows)
- wrote this lame-o post, and got my ShutterCal pic posted
It is a silly life I lead some (most) days…
The things that will have to wait for another day: reading, paddling, a test ride with the new bicycle/boat trailer, catching up on email/notes I owe to people, groceries. And a nap in the hammock. 😀
Mostly, I am thanking the weather gods for the cooler evening temperatures; what an incredible difference to ride with a cool engine. And @blueallez, the cows say “hey” (or “hay”?) – and also made a few suggestions for the ice cream recipe revision…
We had a wonderful surprise this morning – woke up to find everything covered in the fluffy white stuff, an unexpected gift.
Couldn’t resist getting the Xtracycle out and having a little photo fun. I am not certain this is an approved bicycle helmet, but hey – it’s Santa.
Spent some time taking pictures of the wonderful (and rare) sight. Entire set is on Flickr. It was a wonderful morning, and by noon it had virtually all disappeared. But so much fun while it lasted!